Folded steel KATANA samurai japanese eagle sword full tang blade leather tsuka-ito
The blade is made with flexible folded damascus steel which has a superior heat treatment. This is so that the user does not have to worry so much about the sword bending or taking a set from a bad cut. The blade features 8192 layers of steel, giving the blade a beautiful hada. A Bo-Hi has been added to the top of the blade to better balance the blade and give audible feedback when the sword is swung. There is medium niku on the blade, making the blade appropriate for medium traditional targets. The tip of the blade is a chu kissaki. The Habaki is a one piece brass construction over a brass seppa. The tsuba is constructed from fine finished alloy in a beautiful eagle design. The tsuka has very tight hinerimaki (handle wrapping) using black leather ito over genuine white samegawa (ray skin). The hard wooden saya is lacquered in green. This is a real hand forged beautiful japanese katana sword.
Folded steel katana samurai japanese eagle sword full tang blade leather tsuka-ito Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana
- High quality folded damascus steel
- Full tang blade
- Black leather tsuka ito, black sageo
- Authentic white rayskin (samegawa) on handle
- Fine finished alloy eagle tsuba (guard), fuchi, kashira
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Two bamboo pegs secure the tang
- High quality lacquered green hard wood saya
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag, certificate of authenticity
- Customization service provided
- Over Length: 41"
- Blade Length: 27.7"
- Handle Length:10.5"
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.