handmade Japanese Dragon Musashi KATANA sword Damascus steel full tang blade
This Japanese Musashi katana is hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. the blade is made of Damascus steel, High Carbon Steel are folded 13 times creating 8196 layers for superior strength and flexibility. the visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The whole blade is heat treated and oil quenched. This blade has not bo-hi to enhance its strength and cutting power. The tsuba (guard) is made from alloy with dragon musashi design. The tsuka is made of hard wood and it is wrapped in black genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin) and the tsuka-ito is premium brown leather. This saya is made of hard wood and rattan-covered. features Rattan covering on the Koiguchi area, and lacquered. A thick Sageo(cord) has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi (scabbard mouth) has been hardened. This is a truly Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Japanese Dragon Musashi katana sword Damascus steel full tang blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Musashi katana
- 8196 layers damasucs steel blade
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- 12 steps hand polishing
- Fine finished dragon musashi tsuba(guard)
- Dragon theme fuchi, koshira and menuki
- Brown leather tsuka-ito and thick silk sageo
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Gloss finished saya with rattan covered
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"