Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi SHIRASAYA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade
This Shirasaya Wakizashi Sword is made of 1095 high carbon steel, clay tempered with a polished mirror-like surface. It is a very strong blade made with traditional methods, for multiple applications. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The blade is full tang. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there is one big Hi on each side which is from Habaki to the middle of the blade. The thickness on the back becomes thinner from the half of the blade towards the tip, but the back turns to thick near the KISSAKI (tip). this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The sword comes with an african rosewood shirasaya style Tsuka(handle) and saya with buffalo horn. This sword is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, practice, display, and collection.
Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi SHIRASAYA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade WAKIZASHI sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Two Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- O-Kissaki with boshi and No tsuba(guard)
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- African rosewood shirasaya style tsuka(handle)
- Comes with natural wood saya(sheath)
- Koiguchi has been hardened by bull horn
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"