Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Koshirae&Engraving Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This sword is made of damascus folded steel, clay tempered with a polished mirror-like surface. It is a very strong sword made with traditional methods, for multiple applications. The blade has been repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The blade is full tang and hand sharpened, suitable for battle. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The blade has two long Hi (blood groove) on each side, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. It is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree. The Habaki is a single piece brass construction fitted over a copper Seppa. The Tsuba itself is brass with dragon design. Another Seppa secures the Tsuba to the Tsuka of the sword. The Tsuka is wood laid over the tang of the blade. Wrapped over the wood is a white ray skin Same, and traditional Japanese style katate-maki(battle wrap) black synthetic silk wrapped handle with real white lacquered samegawa, two bamboo mekugi secures the tang to the Tsuka. A dragon design brass menuki is found on each side of the handle. The saya(sheath) of the sword is wooden with a black high gloss finished and the saya has been hand craved a dragon pattern. Black synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Koshirae&Engraving Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers folded steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- Two long Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Dragon design brass tsuba and menuki
- Very Tight katate-maki wrap Handle
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black high gloss finished saya(sheath) with hand-craved dragon pattern
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.