Hand Made Japanese Samurai Sword Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade
This Katana sword is hand forged using Japanese methods to create the perfect blade for iaido and kenjutsu use. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in a Maru style. A special clay was applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade was also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror.The tip of the blade is a O-Kissaki (long length), it is well defined with the hamon going all the way through the Boshi. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, There are two Hi(blood groove) on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is a musashi design made with brass. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is coffee synthetic cord with alternating cross over the white real ray skin samegawa, and two dragon design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a natural wood saya(sheath), and coffee synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened.
Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and O-kissaki
- Two HI on each side of the "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Musashi design brass tsuba
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Coffee synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two copper dragon design menuki
- Very Tight katate-maki wrap Handle
- Comes with a natural wood saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"