Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel KATANA Clay Tempered Blade Rayskin Saya Japanese Samurai Sword
This KATANA is hand forged using Japanese methods to create a perfect blade. It is a very strong blade made with traditional methods for multiple applications. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The blade has been folded 13 times with 8192 layers, and a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). It has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. The high quality brass Tsuba(guard) comes with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba.The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is black alternating cross over the red real ray skin samegawa, and two copper flower design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hard wood saya(sheath) with red Same' covered. The Same'(ray skin )has been sanded smooth and filled with polished lacquer. Black synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Rayskin Saya Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No BO-HI on the blade
- High quality brass tsuba and menuki
- Red genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black high gloss finished saya with red Same' covered
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"