Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade
This Wakizashi is hand forged using Japanese methods to create a perfect blade. The blade has been handmade with 1095 high carbon steel, hammered out so that the carbon is evenly distributed throughout the blade for a consistent hardness. The blade also features a kissake, hamon. This sword comes full tang. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The Habaki is a single piece brass construction fitted over a copper Seppa, Another Seppa secures the Tsuba to the Tsuka of the sword. The Tsuba(guard) itself is iron. The tsuka(handle) has very tight hinerimaki(handle wrapping) using coffee color synthetic ito over genuine white samegawa ray skin. Two well-crafted menuki on the handle. This sword comes with a natural wood saya (sheath), the saya has bull horn koiguchi. The sageo is coffee synthetic silk tied over the kurigata with golden shitedome. It is a very good choice not only for dojo and iaido use,but also for gifts, practice, display, and collection. Just buy it!
Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade wakizashi sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Full tang blade with mirror polishing
- Comes with a O-kissaki
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Two HI on each side of the blade
- Round design iron tsuba(guard)
- White lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Very Tight hinerimaki wrap Handle
- Coffee synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two gold colored menuki on the tsuka(handle)
- Natural wood saya(sheath) with buffalo horn koiguchi and kurikata
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"