TRADITIONAL HAND FORGED JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA CLAY TEMPERED CAN BE CUSTOMIZED
This Katana sword is hand forged and hand sharpened using Japanese methods to create the perfect blade for iaido and kenjutsu use. The blade was made of 1095 high carbon steel, and it has been laminated in a Maru style with a clay temper line. A special clay was applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade was also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade has long Hi (blood groove) on each side, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki (medium length). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. The Tsuba (guard) of the sword is made of alloy. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Tsuka (handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over white genuine Ray skin Samegawa with black synthetic silk Ito. The Tang of the sword is secured by two Mekugi(peg). Two dragon design Menuki (ornament) are on the Tsuka. The saya (sheath) of the sword is hard wooden with Black&white high gloss finished. Thick Black&white synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo.
TRADITIONAL HAND FORGED JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA CLAY TEMPERED CAN BE CUSTOMIZED Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and CHU-kissaki
- Long Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Fine finished alloy round tsuba(guard)
- White lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick black&white synthetic sageo
- Very Tight katate-maki wrap Handle
- Two dragon design menuki on the handle
- Comes with a black&white high gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.