Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Snake&Monkey Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This Katana sword is made of folded Steel with a polished mirror-like surface. The blade of the sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. Full hand forged, hand polished. The blade has been folded 13 times with 8192 layers, and a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade comes with full tang and long HI on each side, the blade is also very sharp. The sword comes with Snake&Monkey Koshirae. High quality brass Tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is black with alternating cross over the red real ray skin samegawa, and two snake design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hard wood saya(sheath) with Reddish brown&black speckle finished. Thick black synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Snake&Monkey Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers folded steel blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- Long Hi on each side of the blade
- Snake&Monkey desigh brass tsuba
- Red genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and thick black sageo
- Two copper snake design menuki
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Hard wood saya with Reddish brown&black speckle finished
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.