Hand Made Japanese TANTO Samurai Sword Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Hualee SAYA
This Japanese Samurai Sword Tanto is made of 1095 high carbon steel, and it has been laminated in a Maru style. The blade has been repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The blade is full tang. meaning it extends to the end of the handle to provide maximum durability. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The blade has one short deep Hi on each side. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki (medium length). The Tsuka is wood laid over the tang of the blade. The tsuka(handle) is made of natural hard hualee wood. Two bull horn mekugi secures the tang to the Tsuka. The saya(sheath) of the sword is natural hard hualee wood. This is a truly Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
- HanBon Forge Handmade Tanto sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Comes with Full Tang Blade and real Hamon
- Comes with Short deep HI
- Comes with natural hard hualee wood saya and tsuka
- Double Pinned bull horn Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
- Over Length: 19.9"
- Blade Length: 11.8"
- Handle Length:7.7"