Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi
This Japanese Samurai Sword WAKIZASHI is made of damascus folded steel. it is fully functional and battle ready. The blade has been repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, it has been folded 13 times with 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. The visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging, and the clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The blade has no long Hi(blood groove) on each side, but a chu-kissaki on the top. The Habaki is a single piece brass construction fitted over a copper Seppa. The Tsuba(guard) itself is brass with cock&man design. Another Seppa secures the Tsuba to the Tsuka of the sword. The Tsuka(handle) is wood laid over the tang of the blade. Wrapped over the wood is a black ray skin Same, and the tsuka-ito is coffee color synthetic cord. Two bamboo mekugi secures the tang to the Tsuka. A cock design copper menuki is found on each side of the handle. The saya(sheath) of the sword is hard wood with a black high gloss finished. The coffee synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade WAKIZASHI sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No Hi(blood groove)
- Cock&man design brass tsuba
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black high gloss finished saya
- Coffee color synthetic ito and sageo
- Two cock design copper menuki
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.