Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Brass Hawk Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
The blade of the sword has been constructed by through folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. the visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the cutting edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The blade comes with a Chu-Kisske and full tang. It has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. The Hawk theme design brass tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuka (handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over the white genuine Ray skin Samegawa with dark green synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are also made of brass. The Tang of the sword is secured by two bamboo Mekugi(peg) . Two Hawk design copper Menuki(ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The Saya has been constructed from hard wood with black high gloss finished. The Sage-o is thick green cord, wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Brass Hawk Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No BO-Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Hawk theme desigh brass tsuba and menuki
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Dark green synthetic silk tsuka-ito and thick green sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black high gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.