Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Koshirae KATANA Japanese Samurai Sword
This KATANA is hand forged using Japanese methods to create a perfect blade. The blade of the sword has been made of folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. The blade comes with full tang and a chu-kissaki. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result from the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). Blade is fully functional. The Dragon design Tsuba (guard) of the sword is made of brass. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Tsuka(handle) of the sword has been constructed from white genuine Ray skin Samegawa wrapped by black silk ito in katatemaki cstyle and secured by two bamboo Mekugi(pins). The saya is black high gloss finished with hand carved dragon pattern. Black synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. This is a super beautiful Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior. it is also allows you to make a collection of realistic, yet beautiful samurai sword, or to present one to your friend. Don't miss such a chance!
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- Full hand carved dragon pattern on the blade and saya
- No BO-Hi on each side of the blade
- Dragon desigh brass tsuba and menuki
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic tsuka-ito and sageo
- Very Tight katatemaki wrap Handle
- Black high gloss finished saya(sheath) with dragon engraved
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
- Over Length: 40.9"
- Blade Length: 27.7"
- Handle Length:10.5"
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.