HAND MADE JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD BLACK STEEL Oil Quenched FULL TANG BLADE
This is a well-made 1060 high carbon black steel Katana, following the traditional Japanese process. The full tang blade has a superior heat treatment and has been laminated in a Maru style, the whole blade was hardened by oil quenched. It has a Chu-kissaki on the top of the blade and long HI on each side. The black color can prevent the blade from rusting. Normally, the black color will not fade unless you re-polish the blade. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. The Tsuba(guard) is made of iron and it begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The Tsuba is a flower theme design. The fuchi and kashira are also made of iron. The tsuka(handle) core is hard wooden, and the tsuka-ito is black synthetic silk, wrapped over the white real ray skin samegawa. The full tang is double pinned with two bamboo mekugi. It comes with a White with black fumy finished hard wood saya, and the black synthetic fiber silk sageo wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata.
HAND MADE JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA BLACK STEEL Oil Quenched FULL TANG BLADE Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Comes with a black 1060 high carbon steel blade
- Maru style laminated and Oil quenched
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- 12 steps hand polishing
- Flower theme design iron tsuba(guard)
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- White lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- White with black fumy finished saya(sheath)
- Hardened Koiguchi(scabbard mouth)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
- KATANA Size:
- Over Length: 40.9"
- Blade Length: 27.7"
- Handle Length:10.5"