Leathe ITO Dragon Musashi TSUBA Full Tang Blade Oil Quenched JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA
This japanese samurai sword katana has been hand forged by the ancient method of sword. The full tang blade has been constructed from 1095 high carbon steel, the whole blade was hardened by oil quenched. This blade comes with long Hi (blood groove) on each side, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki (medium length). The blade is hand polished and hand sharpened by 12 steps which create the surface of the blade like a morrior. It is very Sharp. Fine finshed Dragon design musashi tsuba(guard) is made of alloy and it begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi and kashira are made of alloy. The tsuka(handle) core is hard wooden, and the tsuka-ito is black leather Hineri-maki over the red lacquered real ray skin samegawa. Two copper dragon design Menuki (ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The full tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with black&red high gloss finished. The Sage-o is thick black&red synthetic silk cord, wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata. This sword is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo.
Leathe ITO Dragon Musashi TSUBA Full Tang Blade Oil Quenched JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Musashi katana
- Hand forged 1095 high carbon steel
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Hand polishing and sharping
- Fine finished dragon musashi alloy tsuba
- Black leather tsuka-ito
- Thick black&red synthetic silk sageo
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black&red gloss finished saya
- One piece brass construction habaki
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"