Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Wave Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This Katana sword is made of Damascus Steel with a polished mirror-like surface. It is a very strong blade made with traditional methods for multiple applications. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade comes with full tang and a chu-kissaki, but it has no bo-hi on the blade. The sword comes with Wave Koshirae. High quality brass Wave design Tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is black with alternating cross over the white real ray skin samegawa, and two wave design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hard wood saya(sheath) with black&white high gloss finished. Thick black&white synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened.
Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Wave Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers folded steel blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No bo-hi on the blade
- Wave design brass tsuba and menuki
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick black&white synthetic silk sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Hard wood saya with black&white high gloss finished
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.