Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Hawk Koshirae Hualee Saya Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This Katana sword is made of folded Steel with a polished mirror-like surface. The blade of the sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. Full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. The blade has been folded 13 times with 8192 layers, and a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade comes with full tang and a chu-kissaki. The sword comes with dragon Koshirae. High quality brass Tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba.The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is brown synthetic cord tightly wrapped the black real ray skin samegawa, and two dragon design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The sword comes with an HuaLee wood shirasaya with buffalo horn. This sword is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire.
Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Hawk Koshirae Hualee Saya Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Hand Forged Clay Tempered folded Steel
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No BO-HI(blood groove) on the blade
- Dragon desigh brass tsuba and menuki
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Brown synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two copper snake design menuki
- Very Tight Katate-maki wrap Handle
- HuaLee wood saya with hardened Kurigaga (knob)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.