Japanese Samurai Sword Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Leather straps
This is a well-crafted Japanese samurai sword katana. This Katana has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in Maru style. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the cutting edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, There are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. The blacked Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is a round design made with iron. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of iron. The tsuka-ito is brown leather with alternating cross over the black real ray skin samegawa, and two blacked dragon design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hard wooden SAYA(sheath) with brown leather wrapped, the brown leather strap of the saya can be adjusted by the metal buckles. This sword is well-crafted and well-assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display.
Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Leather straps Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and O-Kissaki
- Two HI on each side of the blade
- Round design iron blacked tsuba
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Brown leather tsuka-ito
- Two blacked dragon design menuki
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Brown leather wrapped saya with adjustable leather strap
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"