Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Tiger&Lion Koshirae Japanese Sword KATANA
This is a hand made japanese katana sword, it has been forged by the ancient method of sword making. Full hand forged, hand polished. The blade of the sword has been constructed from folded steel with 13 times folding. There is one big Hi on each side which is from Habaki to the middle of the blade, the thickness on the back becomes thinner from the half of the blade towards the tip, but the back turns to thick near the KISSAKI (tip). this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The whole blade was hardened by oil tempered. the blade has been special treated which creat many red and black pattern on the blade. The pattern can prevent the blade from rusting. The fine finished tiger desgin alloy Tsuba begins with a one piece brass Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are also made of alloy. The Tsuka(handle) is constructed of hard wood over the tang of the blade with black colored ito maki and red authentic samegawa. Two bamboo mekugi secures the full tang. A flower theme menuki is found on each side of the handle. The Saya has been constructed from wood with black&red high gloss lacquer finished. A black synthetic silk Sage-o has been tied around the bright copper Kurigata(knob). This sword is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts and display.
Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Tiger&Lion Koshirae Japanese Sword KATANA Features:
- HanBon Forge hand made katana
- Hand forged and hand polished
- Oil Quenched Red Folded Steel Blade (Folded 13 Times)
- Unokubi-Zukuri style full tang blade
- Red color can prevent the blade from rusting
- long HI on the blade
- Fine finished alloy tiger desgin tsuba
- Red real ray skin samegawa
- black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two flower theme menuki(ornament) on the handle
- Black&red gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
- Over Length: 40.9"
- Blade Length: 27.7"
- Handle Length:10.5"