Flower Koshirae Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This sword is made of Damascus Steel, oil quenched with a polished mirror-like surface. It is a very strong sword made with traditional methods. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The whole blade has been 13 times folded to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. It has long Hi(blood grooves) running the full length of the blade and a chu-kissaki on the top, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The blade comes with full tang and very sharp. The brass butterfly&flower theme Tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the tsuba of the sword. The Tsuka(handle) is hard wood laid over the tang of the blade, it comes with white genuine Ray skin Samegawa and brown synthetic tsuka-Ito. Two flower design copper menuki on each side of the handle. The tang is secured by two bamboo Mekugi. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are made of brass. The Saya has been constructed from hard wood with a black high gloss finished. Sage-o is thick brown cord, wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata. It is a very good choice for dojo and laido use, gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, iron wire, etc. The cutting edge can be customized for different usage.
Flower Koshirae Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Sword Katana
- Heated treated and oil quenched damascus steel blade
- Beautiful Hada(pattern of folding the steel) on the blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- 12 steps hand polishing and sharping
- Long Hi on each side and a chu-kissaki on the top
- Flower&butterfly theme brass tsuba(guard)
- Brown synthetic tsuka-ito and Brown thick sageo
- White genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Two copper flower design menuki
- Black gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.