Hand Forged Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Iron Koshirae Japanese Wakizashi Sword
This sword is made of Folded Damascus Steel, and it has been hand forged using Japanese methods to create the perfect blade for iaido and kenjutsu use. It is a very strong sword made with traditional methods. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The blade has been special treated which create many red and black pattern on the blade. The pattern can prevent the blade from rusting. The blade comes with full tang. The round iron Tsuba(guard) begins with a one piece brass Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the tsuba of the sword. The Tsuka(handle) is hard wood laid over the tang of the blade, it comes with black lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa and brown synthetic tsuka-Ito. Two dragon design menuki the handle. The tang is secured by two bamboo Mekugi. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are made of iron. The Saya has been constructed from hard wood with reddish brown and black speckle finished. Sage-o is brown cord, wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata. It is a very good choice for dojo and laido use, gifts, practice, display, and collection.
Hand Forged Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Iron Koshirae Japanese Wakizashi Sword Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Wakizashi
- Heated treated and oil quenched red damascus steel blade
- Beautiful Hada(pattern of folding the steel) on the blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- 12 steps hand polishing
- Long Hi on each side and a chu-kissaki on the top
- Round iron tsuba(guard)
- Brown synthetic tsuka-ito and sageo
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Two dragon design menuki
- Reddish brown with black speckle finished saya
- Hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"