Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi Sword Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade
The blade of the sword has been hand crafted from 1095 high carbon steel. The carbon has been hand hammered throughout the blade to give the blade a consistent hardness. A special clay was applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade was also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering).This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. The tip of the blade is a O-Kissaki (long length), it is well defined with the hamon going all the way through the Boshi. The Iron Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The tsuka(handle) of this Wakizashi is made of hard wood with red real ray skin and black synthetic tsuka-ito wrapped. Two gold colored menuki on the hande. This sword comes with a red high gloss finished Saya(sheath), and the black synthetic sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. It is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display.
Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi Sword Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade WAKIZASHI sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Double Hi on each side of the blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- O-Kissaki with boshi
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- Well made iron tsuba(guard)
- Red genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two gold colored menuki on the handle
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Comes with a red high gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"