Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Saya KATANA Folded Steel Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Clay Tempered
This KATANA sword is Clay Tempered Folded Steel. There are beautiful grain pattern (HADA) with visible layers and genuine hamon on the edge (differental hardened) of blade. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. This blade has no bo-hi to enhance its strength and power.
There two bamboo Mekugi (pegs) secure the tang. The wooden tsuka (handle) is wrapped by black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and genuine original white rayskin. The dragon tsuba (guard) is top quality brass as well as brass dragon fuchi (handle collar), kashira(handle buttcap), and menuki. The saya (scabbard) is hard wood and tightly wrapped by lacquered Genuine Rayskin. Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard.
Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Saya Katana Folded Steel Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Clay Tempered Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana
- Damascus Folded Steel + Clay Tempered
- Hand polished blade
- Beautiful grain pattern (HADA) with visible layers
- Genuine hamon on the edge (differental hardened)
- Full tang secure by two bamboo Mekugi (pegs)
- No HI (blood groove) on the blade
- Brass dragon tsuba, fuchi (handle collar), kashira (handle buttcap),menuki
- Brass habaki (blade collar), seppa (spacer)
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and genuine rayskin wrapped handle
- Hineri-maki wrap
- Genuine Rayskin wrapped hard wooden saya (scabbard)
- Black&white sageo
- A free sword bag and certifacate of authenticity
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"