KAMASU-Kissaki Japanese Sword Samurai KATANA
This Katana sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in a Maru style. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. It comes with a full tang blade and a KAMASU-Kissaki (straight). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. Long HI on each side of the blade, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is flower design made with brass. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is black synthetic cord with alternating cross over the green real ray skin samegawa, and two flower design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hard wooden SAYA(sheath) with real ray skin wrapped. The Same'(ray skin )has been sanded smooth and filled with polished lacquer. The saya has buffalo horn koiguchi, and thick black silk sageo tied over a buffalo horn kurikata with bright copper shitodome.
KAMASU-Kissaki Japanese Sword Samurai KATANA Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and KAMASU-Kissaki (straight).
- Long HI on each side of the blade
- Flower design brass tsuba and menuki
- Green genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick black synthetic sageo
- Very Tight katate-maki wrap Handle
- Hard wooden saya(sheath) with polished lacquer ray skin wrapped
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Buffalo horn koiguchi and kurikata
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.