Top Quality Japanese Sword Katana Kobuse Full Tang Blade Dragonfly Koshirae
This Katana sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The construction of the blade is GYAKU-KOBUSE, one kind of KOBUSE construction, It is constructed from two different kinds of steel, the core steel and the outer steel, where the core steel is wrapped with the outer steel. the core steel is harder than the outer steel. The outer steel was made of folded steel. It was folded 13 times creating 8192 layers for superior strength and flexibility. The visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The core steel was made of 1095 steel. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the more importance is that the blade was polished by HAZUYA which is a very thin Uchigumori stone fixed with paper, Hazuya is a specific stone to bring up hamon, The stone is very fine and soft against the steel. the blade of this sword is completely finished with Hazuya. The work is done to get mirror-like surface on shinogi-ji and edge. High quality brass dragonfly design Tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is gold color synthetic cord with alternating cross over the black real ray skin samegawa, and two dragofly design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hard wooden SAYA(sheath) with black&red threadiness. The gold synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
Top Quality Japanese Sword Katana Kobuse Full Tang Blade Dragonfly Koshirae Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- Full tang blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel
- GYAKU-KOBUSE construction blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- HAZUYA polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No bo-hi(blood groove) on the blade
- Dragonfly design brass tsuba and menuki
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Gold synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black&red threadiness finished hard wooden saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.