JAPANESE TACHI SWORD BATTLE READY HAZUYA POLISH POLISHING
This japanese samurai sword TACHI has been hand forged by the ancient method of sword. The blade was made of folded steel. AISI 1060 High Carbon Steel has been folded 10 times creating 1024 layers for superior strength and flexibility. The visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered. A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result from the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the more importance is that the blade was polished by HAZUYA which is a very thin Uchigumori stone fixed with paper, Hazuya is a specific stone to bring up hamon, the stone is very fine and soft against the steel. The blade of this sword is completely finished with Hazuya. The work is done to get mirror-like surface on shinogi-ji and edge. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki(medium length) with Bo-Shi. This blade has a shape in "SHINOGI-ZUKURI" style which is the most general style for TACHI/KATANA and WAKIZASHI, there is NO BO-Hi (blood groove) to enhance its strength and cutting power. Flower design tsuba(guard) is made of brass and it begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi and kashira are made of brass with tortoise&crane design. Two copper Menuki(ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The tsuka(handle) core is hard wooden, and the tsuka-ito is coffee synthetic silk Hineri-maki over the black lacquered real ray skin samegawa. Two copper dragon design Menuki(ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The full tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with black real rayskin and thick import synthetic silk cord wrapped, and the Sage-o is wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata. This sword is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo.
TOP QUAITY HAND FORGED JAPANESE SAMURAI TACHI BATTLE READY SWORD HAZUYA POLISH Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade TACHI sword
- AISI 1060 high carbon steel
- 10 times folding with 1024 layers
- "SHINOGI-ZUKURI" style blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened and hand polished by HAZUYA
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No BO-Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Flower design brass tsuba(guard)
- Brass Lion Menuki(hilt ornament)
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Coffee synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick import synthetic silk sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Hard wood saya(sheath) with black real rayskin wrapped
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 40.9"
Nagasa Length: 27.8"
Handle Length: 10.6"