SAKABATO (REVERSE-EDGED SWORD) Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword
This SAKABATO sword is hand forged by Japanese methods to create a perfect blade. Full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. This sword is made of folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. The visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki (medium length). The blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, it is also very sharp. The whole blade was hardened by oil quenched. The blade has been special treated which create many red and black pattern on the blade. The pattern can prevent the blade from rusting. The blade comes with long HI(Blood groove) on each side of the blade, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The God Beast design brass Tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the tsuba of the sword. The Tsuka(handle) is hard wood laid over the tang of the blade, it comes with red lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa and black synthetic tsuka-Ito. The tang is secured by two bamboo Mekugi. The saya(sheath) has been black&red high gloss finished, and sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire.
SAKABATO (REVERSE-EDGED SWORD) Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese SAKABATO sword
- Constructed from folded steel
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- Black&red pattern on the blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Long HI(blood groove) on each side on the blade
- God beast design brass tsuba(guard) and Koshirae
- Black synthetic tsuka-ito and sageo
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black&red gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.