Tachi Sword Japanese Samurai Weapons Folded Steel Hazuya Polish Blade Handmade For Sale
The tachi sword is handmade with damascus folded steel which is folded 13 times, creating 8192 layers. The blade is hand sharpened, clay tempered and hazuya polished. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. It features full length no hi ( blood grooves) and defined Yokote and Chu-kissaki (tip). The tang is secured by two bamboo Mekugi. The tsuka has very tight hinerimaki (handle wrapping) using yellow synthetic ito over genuine white samegawa ray skin. The Tsuba (guard) is handcrafted brass. The Saya (scabbard) has been constructed from hard wood with sageo. This sword is full tang, functional and battle ready.
Tachi Sword Japanese Samurai Weapons Folded Steel Hazuya Polish Blade Handmade For Sale Features:
- HanBon Forge handmade samurai weapons tachi
- Damascus folded steel with clay tempered
- Hazuya polishing blade, hand sharpened
- Full tang with 2 bamboo mekugi (pegs)
- Brass Tsuba (Guard), Fuchi (Handle Collar), Kashira (Handle Buttcap), Menuki
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Hard wooden handle core wrapped with ito and real ray skin
- Lacquered hard wood saya with leaf patterns
- Can cut the bamboo trees (fresh), tatami or slice papers
- Free sword bag and certifacate of authenticity
Length (with scabbard): 106 cm
Length (without scabbard): 102 cm
Handle Length: 27 cm
Blade Length: 75 cm
Blade Width: 3.3 cm
Blade Thickness: 0.8 cm
Weight (with scabbard): 1.52 kg
Weight (without scabbard): 1.12 kg
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.