HAND MADE JAPANESE SAMURAI NINJA SWORD FISH KOSHIRAE CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE VERY SHARP
This NINJA sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in a Maru style. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the cutting edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. The blade has long Hi (blood groove) on each side, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki (medium length). The Tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Fish theme design Tsuba(guard) of the sword is made of alloy. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The tsuka-ito is white synthetic cord with alternating cross over the black real ray skin samegawa, and two fish design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The Ninja sword comes with a hard wooden SAYA(sheath) with black matt finished, and white synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
HAND MADE JAPANESE SAMURAI NINJA SWORD FISH KOSHIRAE CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE VERY SHARP Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Ninja sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and CHU-kissaki
- Two long HI(blood groove) on the blade
- Fine finished fish design alloy tsuba and menuki
- Black lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- White synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Comes with a black matt finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.