1.26"SORI FULL TANG CLAY TEMPERED WAVE KOSHIRAE HANDMADE JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA
This Japanese Samurai Sword Katana is made of 1095 high carbon steel. The blade has been repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, it has been laminated in a Maru style. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, the clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The blade is full tang and hand sharpened, suitable for battle. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The blade has no long Hi (blood groove) on each side, but a chu-kissaki on the top. The Habaki is a single piece brass construction fitted over a copper Seppa. The sea wave design Tsuba(guard) is made of brass. Another Seppa secures the Tsuba to the Tsuka of the sword. The Tsuka(handle) is wood laid over the tang of the blade. Wrapped over the wood is a red ray skin Same, and the tsuka-ito is black synthetic silk, wrapped over the red ray skin. Two bamboo mekugi secures the full tang. A Wave design brass menuki is found on each side of the handle. The saya(sheath) of the sword is hard wood with a black&red high gloss finished. Black&red synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
1.26"SORI FULL TANG CLAY TEMPERED WAVE KOSHIRAE HANDMADE JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No Hi(blood groove) on the blade
- Brass tsuba(guard) with Sea Wave design
- Red genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black&red high gloss finished saya
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Black&red thick synthetic sageo
- Two Brass Wave design Menuki
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"