1095 high carbon steel Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Very Sharp
This Wakizashi sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in a Maru style. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the cutting edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp.The tip of the blade is a O-Kissaki (long length), it is well defined with the hamon going all the way through the Boshi. The Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, There is one big Hi (blood groove) on each side which is from Habaki to the middle of the blade, The thickness on the back becomes thinner from the half of the blade towards the tip, but the back turns to thick near the KISSAKI (tip). this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The Tsuba is a flower design made with brass. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of iron. The tsuka-ito is black synthetic cord with alternating cross over the red real ray skin samegawa, and two blacked menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The Wakizashi comes with a hard wooden SAYA(sheath) black&red high gloss finished. The black synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
1095 high carbon steel Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Very Sharp Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Wakizashi sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Full tang blade with mirror polishing
- Comes with a O-kissaki
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Two HI(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Round design iron tsuba(guard)
- Red lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Very Tight hinerimaki wrap Handle
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two blacked menuki on the tsuka(handle)
- Black&red high gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"