High Quality Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Hazuya Polished Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Very Sharp
This japanese samurai sword katana has been oil quenched and hand sharpened by hanbon forge. The full tang blade has been constructed from 1095 high carbon steel. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade was polished by HAZUYA which is a very thin Uchigumori stone fixed with paper, Hazuya is a specific stone to bring up hamon, the stone is very fine and soft against the steel. the blade of this sword is completely finished with Hazuya. The work is done to get mirror-like surface on shinogi-ji and edge. Well-crafted dragon design brass tsuba(guard) with one piece brass made habaki(blade collar). Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The Tsuka(handle) has black genuine samegawa ray skin with purplish red chemical fiber ito which is tightly wrapped in hineri-maki method with two bamboo menugi pinned and two copper dragon theme menuki(ornament) decorated. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with Same' covered, the Same'(ray skin )has been sanded smooth and filled with polished lacquer. The Koiguchi has been hardened This sword is a well-crafted and well assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display. It is strong enough for cutting bamboo trees (fresh),tatami or slice paper.
High Quality Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Hazuya Polished Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Very Sharpa Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Hand polished and hand sharpened by Hazuya
- Clay tempered 1095 high carbon steel blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Dragon theme design brass tsuba(guard) and menuki
- Purplish red synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick black&white synthetic sageo
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Same' covered hard wood Saya(sheath)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"