Hand Forged Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Wakizashi Sword Very Sharp
This WAKIZASHI sword is hand forged and hand sharpened using Japanese methods to create the perfect blade for iaido and kenjutsu use. The folded steel blade has been heat-treated, and oil quenched to achieve optimal levels of flexibility and hardness, the blade has been special treated which create many red and black pattern on the blade. The pattern can prevent the blade from rusting, and the red color will not fade unless you re-polish the blade. Long HI(blood groove) on each side and a Chu-kissaki on the top of the blade. It is very Sharp. Round iron tsuba(guard) comes with a one piece brass made habaki(blade collar). Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are made of iron. The Tsuka(handle) has red genuine samegawa ray skin with black chemical fiber ito which is tightly wrapped in hineri-maki method. Full tang has been secured by two bamboo menugi, and two dragon theme menuki(ornament) on the handle. The red high gloss finished Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with black synthetic sageo wrapped. This sword is a well-crafted and well assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display. It is strong enough for cutting bamboo trees (fresh),tatami or slice paper.
Hand Forged Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Wakizashi Sword Very Sharp Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Wakizashi
- Hand forged red folded damascus steel
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- 12 steps Hand polishing and sharping
- Red pattern on the blade can prevent the blade from rusting
- Long HI(blood groove) and chu-kissaki
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Fine finished iron tsuba
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.