Hand Forge Tanto Japanese Samurai short knife sword Very Sharp
This Tanto sword is full hand made, the blade is 1060 high carbon steel with grooves (bo-hi) on both sides, which allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. The blade of this tanto is hand polished and hand sharpened by 12 steps which create the surface of the blade like a morrior. This blade also comes with a full length Tang which greatly enhances the strength of the sword while swung.The tang will be filed to match well with the handle. The tsuba (guard) is made from blackened iron. The tsuka is wrapped in red genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin) and the tsuka-ito is premium black leather. The saya is done in a beautiful black/red finish going the whole length of the scabbard and the sageo is black with red dots. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai Tanto sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Hand Forge Tanto Japanese Samurai short knife sword Very Sharp Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade TANTO
- AISI 1060 high carbon steel blade
- Heat treated and oil quenched
- blackened iron tsuba (guard), fuchi, koshira
- small dragon menuki
- Full tang blade with one mekugi (peg)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black leather Tsuka Ito (wrap)
- Thick imported black with red dots sageo(saya cord)
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- one piece brass construction habaki
- Can take it apart for maintenance
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 19.9"
Blade Length: 11.8"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.