Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This Katana sword is hand forged and hand sharpened using Japanese methods to create the perfect blade for iaido and kenjutsu use. The blade is heat-treated, and oil quenched to achieve optimal levels of flexibility and hardness. The blade of the sword has been constructed from Damascus Steel. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. The long Hi(blood groove) on each side, and a chu-kissaki on the top of the blade. The fine finished alloy flower theme Tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is a flower design made with metal alloy. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of alloy. The Tsuka(handle) is constructed of hard wood over the tang of the blade with black colored tsuka-ito and white genuine Ray skin Samegawa wrapped. Two bamboo mekugi secures the full tang. Two lion design copper menuki on each side of the handle. The Saya has been constructed from wood with black high gloss lacquered. The black synthetic silk Sage-o has been tied around the bright copper Kurigata(knob). This sword is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Japanese katana
- Hand polishing and sharping with sharpen stone
- Heat treated and oil quenched blade
- Long HI(blood groove) on each side
- Fine Finished Flower design alloy tsuba
- White genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Black synthetic fiber tsuka-ito and sageo
- Lion design copper menuki
- Bright copper kurigata(knob)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Black gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"