Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA
This Katana sword is well made and well crafted by hanbon forge. The blade of the sword has been constructed from folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, and it has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the cutting edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha(cutting edge) of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. There is no BO-Hi(blood groove) on the blade.The blade comes with full tang and a chu-kissaki. The well crafted leaf theme design brass tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuka (handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over white genuine Ray skin Samegawa with black synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The Tang of the sword is secured by two Mekugi (peg) . Two copper Menuki (ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The saya(sheath) is made of hard wooden with black&whitehigh gloss finished. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, iron wire, etc.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers folded steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and a chu-kissaki
- Well crafted leaf design brass tsuba(guard)
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk ito and sageo
- Two copper menuki on the handle
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black&white high gloss finished hard wooden saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"