Dragonfly Koshirae Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA
This is a well-crafted Japanese samurai sword katana. This sword is made of folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which increased flexibility and hardness of the blade. The blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. It has long HI(blood groove) running the full length of the blade, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The fine finished alloy Dragonfly theme Tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the tsuba of the sword. The Tsuka(handle) is hard wood laid over the tang of the blade, it comes with black lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa, and red synthetic tsuka-ito tightly Hineri-maki wrapped the handle. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are made of alloy. Two dragonfly design copper menuki(ornament) on each side of the handle. The tang is secured into the handle with two bamboo mekugi. The Katana comes with a black high gloss finished Saya(sheath). Sage-o is red cord, wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
Dragonfly Koshirae Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA
- Heated treated and oil quenched
- Hand made 8192 layers damasucs steel blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- 12 steps hand polishing and sharping
- Long Hi on each side and a chu-kissaki on the top
- Fine finished dragonfly theme alloy tsuba(guard)
- Red synthetic tsuka-ito and sageo
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Two copper dragonfly design menuki
- Black gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.