Japanese Dragon/Sakura Katana Sword Hand Forged Damascus steel full tang blade
This Japanese Dragon/Sakura Katana is hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. Full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. High Carbon Steel are folded 13 times creating 8196 layers for superior strength and flexibility. the visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The whole blade is heat treated and oil quenched. The blade is hand polished and hand sharpened by 12 steps which create the surface of the blade like a morrior. This blade has not bo-hi to (blood groove) enhance its strength and cutting power. The tsuba (guard) is made from brass with dragon Sakura design. The Tsuka (handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over white genuine Ray skin Samegawa with blue synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are made of solid brass with Sakura and dragon theme. The Tang of the sword is secured by two bamboo Mekugi (peg). Two copper dragon Menuki (ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The SAYA (sheath) of the sword is hard wooden with a black high gloss finish. and a beautiful Sakura is hand engraved on it. A blue Sageo(cord) has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi (scabbard mouth) has been hardened. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Japanese Dragon/Sakura Katana Sword Hand Forged Damascus steel full tang blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Dragon/Sakura Katana
- Hand made 8196 layers damasucs steel blade
- No-Hi (blood groove) blade built for cutting
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- Full Tang Blade and double pegged with bamboo mekugi pins for added security
- 12 steps hand polishing and sharping
- Sanskrit and Sakura engraved into the blade
- Solid Brass Dragon Sakura tsuba(guard)
- Dragon/SakuraTheme Fuchi, kashira and menuki
- Blue silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- White lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black gloss finished saya with Sakura hand carved
- One piece brass construction habaki
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.