Hand Forged Folded Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Musashi Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This KATANA is hand forged using Japanese methods to create a perfect blade. Fully functional. The blade of this sword is made of damascus steel with 13 times folding to create 8192 layers. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade, this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade comes with full tang and it has two long Hi on each side, and the blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone. The brass tsuba is well-crafted with dragon Musashi design. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas(spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Tsuka(handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over red color genuine Ray skin Samegawa with black synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are made of brass. The Tang of the sword is secured by two bamboo Mekugi (peg) . Two copper dragon design Menuki (ornament) are the Tsuka. The saya(sheath) is natural wood saya, and it is hard wood with lacquer polished. Black synthetic sage-o has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, practice, display, and collection.
Hand Forged Folded Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Musashi Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers folded steel blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- Two long Hi on each side of the blade
- Dragon Musashi desigh brass tsuba
- Red genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and thick black sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Natural wood saya(sheath) with hardened Koiguchi
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Two copper dragon desisgn menuki
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.