Hand Forged Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Iron Koshirae Japanese Samurai KATANA Sword
This is a hand made japanese katana sword, it has been forged by the ancient method of sword making. Full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. The blade of the sword has been constructed from folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. The blade has been special treated which create many red and black pattern on the blade, the pattern can prevent the blade from rusting. The iron Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is a flower design. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of iron. The Tsuka(handle) is constructed of hard wood over the tang of the blade with purplish red colored ito maki and black genuine Ray skin Samegawa. Two bamboo mekugi secures the full tang. A flower theme brass menuki is found on each side of the handle. The Saya has been constructed from wood with black high gloss lacquer finished. The black synthetic silk Sage-o has been tied around the bright copper Kurigata(knob). This sword is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo.
Hand Forged Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Iron Koshirae Japanese Samurai KATANA Sword Features:
- HanBon Forge hand made katana
- Hand forged and hand polished
- Hand Forged Red Folded Steel Blade (Folded 13 Times)
- Heat treated and oil quenched blade
- long HI(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Flower design iron tsuba
- Black real ray skin samegawa
- Purplish red synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two flower theme copper menuki(ornament)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Black gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.