Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Blade Dragon Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA
This Katana sword is hand forged and hand sharpened using Japanese methods to create the perfect blade for iaido and kenjutsu use. The folded steel blade has been heat-treated, and oil quenched to achieve optimal levels of flexibility and hardness. The blade is hand polished with multiple grades of sharpening stones which makes the surface of the blade reflective like a mirror. Long HI(blood groove) on each side and a Chu-kissaki on the top of the blade. It is very Sharp. Dragon design brass tsuba(guard) with one piece brass made habaki(blade collar). Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The Tsuka(handle) has white genuine samegawa ray skin with black chemical fiber ito which is tightly wrapped in hineri-maki method. Full tang has been secured by two bamboo mekugi, and two copper dragon theme menuki(ornament) on each side of the handle. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with black synthetic sageo wrapped. This sword is a well-crafted and well assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display. It is strong enough for cutting bamboo trees (fresh),tatami or slice paper.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Blade Dragon Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Hand forged folded damascus steel
- Hand made 8192 layers damasucs steel blade
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- 12 steps Hand polishing and sharping
- Long HI(blood groove) and chu-kissaki
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Dragon theme design brass tsuba
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- White genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Two copper dragon theme menuki
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.