Clay Tempered Damascus Folded Steel Japanese Samurai Scorpion Sword
The blade was made of damascus folded steel which was folded 13 times created 8192 layers and superior strength, flexibility. Repeatedly folding during forging results in the visible grain on the blade you can see. The blade is also Real Clay Tempered called the hamon( a visible temper line) on the blade. Clay Tempered blade is more resistant and durable. The Tang of the sword is secured by two Mekugi (peg), you can disassemble the sword from the handle by taking out two pegs. Tsuba and matching fititngs are made from top quality brass. The wooden handle is wrapped by yellow genuine rayskin with black ito. The black saya is hard wood decorated with golden scorpion, which makes the sword looks beautiful.
Clay Tempered Damascus Folded Steel Katana Japanese Samurai Scorpion Sword Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Damascus folded steel+clay tempered blade
- Real hamon (visible temper line)
- SHINOGI-ZUKURI blade
- Chu Kissaki (medium length)
- Bo-hi on both sides
- Yellow lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- High quality black tsuka-ito, sageo
- Brass scorpion tsuba, fuchi, kashira(handle buttcap), menuki
- Brass habaki (blade collar), seppas (spacer)
- Hard wood black saya(sheath)
- Taking out two pegs to disassemble the sword
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.