DRAGON KOSHIRAE CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE HAND MADE JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA
This Katana sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in Maru style. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the cutting edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The blade has long Hi (blood groove) on each side, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki (medium length). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. The Tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is a dragon design made with alloy. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of alloy. The tsuka-ito is black synthetic silk with alternating cross over the white real ray skin samegawa, and two dragon design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hard wooden SAYA(sheath) with black&white high gloss finished, the thick black&white Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is well-crafted and well-assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display. It is strong enough for cutting bamboo trees (fresh),tatami or slice paper.
DRAGON KOSHIRAE CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE HAND MADE JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Long HI(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and CHU-Kissaki
- Alloy dragon design tsuba(guard) and Koshirae
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Two dragon design menuki
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black&white high gloss finished Saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"