45" Traditional Hand Forged Japanese Samurai Naginata Sword Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Very Sharp
This japanese samurai sword Naginata has been hand polished and hand sharpened by hanbon forge. The full tang blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel and it has been laminated in a Maru style with a clay temper line. A special clay was applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade was also result from the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade comes with full tang and a O-kissaki. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The blade has been hand polished, it is also very Sharp. The fine finished square design alloy tsuba(guard) comes with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are also made of alloy. The Tsuka(handle) has red genuine samegawa ray skin with black chemical fiber ito which is tightly wrapped in katate-maki method, the tsuka has two bamboo mekugi pinned and two menuki(ornament) decorated. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with black&red high gloss finished. The thick black&red synthetic sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. This beautiful sword is well-crafted and well-assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display. The user does not have to worry so much about the sword bending or taking a set from a bad cut, especially on hard or thick dense targets.
45" Traditional Hand Forged Japanese Samurai Naginata Sword Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Very Sharp Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Hand polishing and hand sharping
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade with two HI on each side
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Fine finished square design alloy tsuba
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Thick black&red synthetic sageo
- Very Tight katate-maki wrap Handle
- Two well-made menuki on the handle
- Black&red high gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 45.3"
Nagasa Length: 27.8"
Handle Length: 15.7“
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.