Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Sword KATANA Very Sharp
This Katana sword is hand forged and hand sharpened using Japanese methods to create the perfect blade for iaido and kenjutsu use. The blade is heat-treated and oil quenched to achieve optimal levels of flexibility and hardness. The blade has been special treated which create many red and black pattern on the blade. The pattern can prevent the blade from rusting. The blade has been hand polished with multiple grades of sharpening stones. It is very sharp. After sharpening, the blade is etched with an oxidation process to give the surface it's Red&black color. The color will not fade unless you re-polish the blade. It comes with a black and red lacquered hard wood saya and black silk sageo/ito, fine finished alloy fittings, and red genuine same (rayskin). The full tang is secured into the handle with two bamboo mekugi. It is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. The sword is durable enough for tameshigiri and bamboo. Each sword is individually handmade so specifications vary slightly from sword to sword.
Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Sword KATANA Very Sharp Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade JAPANESE SAMURAI KATANA
- Hand forged red folded steel with 13 times folding
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Hand polishing and sharping with sharpen stone
- Fine finished dragon theme alloy tsuba
- Two well-crafted dragon design menuki
- Black synthetic fiber tsuka-ito and sageo
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black&red high gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- One piece brass construction habaki
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh), tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"