Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Iron Koshirae Japanese Sword KATANA Very Sharp
This is a well-made colorful folded steel sword, following the traditional Japanese process. The blade is very sharp and folded 13 times resulting in over 8,192 layers. After sharpening, the blade is etched with an oxidation process to give the surface it's black and red color. The blade has long Hi (blood groove) on each side, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. It comes with a black and red lacquered hard wood saya and silk sageo/ito, iron fittings, and red genuine same (rayskin). The tang is secured into the handle with two bamboo mekugi. It is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo. Each sword is individually handmade so specifications vary slightly from sword to sword.
Black&Red Damascus Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Iron Koshirae Japanese Sword KATANA Very Sharp Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Hand forged folded damascus steel
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- Hand polishing and sharping
- Red and black pattern on the blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Fine finished iron round tsuba(guard)
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Black&red thick synthetic sageo
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black&red high gloss finished hard wooden saya(sheath)
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"