BRASS SNAKE KOSHIRAE HUALEE SAYA CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA
This Katana sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in a Maru style. A special clay was applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade was also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp.This blade has no bo-hi to (blood groove) enhance its strength and cutting power. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki (medium length). The Tsuba (guard) of the sword is made of brass with Snake design. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Tsuka (handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over black genuine Ray skin Samegawa with green color synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are also made of brass. The Full Tang of the sword is secured by two Mekugi (peg) . Copper snack Menuki (ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The saya (sheath) of the sword is natural hard wood. Thick green synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. The koiguchi and kojiri are made from buffalo horn. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
BRASS SNAKE KOSHIRAE HUALEE SAYA CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and CHU-kissaki
- Brass Snake design tsuba(guard)
- Black lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Green synthetic silk tsuka-ito and thick green sageo
- Two brass snake design menuki
- Very Tight hinerimaki wrap Handle
- Comes with a natural hard wood saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Buffalo horn koiguchi and kojiri
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"