BRASS DRAGON KOSHIRAE LEATHER ITO CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE HIGH QUALITY JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD
The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 high carbon steel. The blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the cutting edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The blade comes with a Chu-Kisske and full tang. It has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. The dragon theme design brass tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuka (handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over the black genuine Ray skin Samegawa with black leather mixed gold synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are also made of brass. The Tang of the sword is secured by two bamboo Mekugi(peg). Dragon design copper Menuki(ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The Saya has been constructed from hard wood with black high gloss finished. The Sage-o is thick black cord, wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
BRASS DRAGON KOSHIRAE LEATHER ITO CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE HIGH QUALITY JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- Maru style laminated 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No BO-Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Dragon theme desigh brass tsuba and menuki
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black leather mixed gold synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick black synthetic sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black high gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"