High Quality Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Clay Tempered Blade Hazuya Polished Hawk Koshirae
The blade of this sword was made of 1095 high carbon steel, and it has been laminated in a Maru style with a clay temper line. It is a very strong blade made with traditional methods for multiple applications. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the more importance is that the blade was polished by HAZUYA which is a very thin Uchigumori stone fixed with paper, Hazuya is a specific stone to bring up hamon, The stone is very fine and soft against the steel. the blade of this sword is completely finished with Hazuya. The work is done to get mirror-like surface on shinogi-ji and edge. High quality brass Hawk theme design Tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is dark blue with alternating cross over the black real ray skin samegawa, and two hawk design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hand-carved multiple ring-shaped SAYA. Dark blue synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
High Quality Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Clay Tempered Blade Hazuya Polished Hawk Koshirae Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- Full tang blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- HAZUYA polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No bo-hi(blood groove) on the blade
- Hawk theme desigh brass tsuba and menuki
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Dark blue synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Hand-carved multiple ring-shaped SAYA
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.